Now that peach season is here it’s time to make this wonderful breakfast recipe with fresh Ontario peaches. Just make the breakfast casserole the night before and simply pop it into the oven in the morning and voila a delicious breakfast or brunch.
Peach Cobbler French Toast Recipe
1/2 loaf of French bread cut into cubes
1 cup of milk
1 cup of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
8 -10 medium size peaches
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoons peach schnapps (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ cup white flour
¾ cup rolled oats
½ cup of butter cut up
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
Freshly whipped cream
- Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Place the cut up bread in the bottom of the dish.
- Bread Mixture: In a bowl combine eggs, milk, cinnamon and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well and pour over the bread.
- Filling: In a medium saucepan over medium heat stir peaches, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook for about 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken. Do not stir too much because you want to keep peach slices whole. Set aside to cool whole you make the topping.
- Topping: Mix sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread the Peach Filling over Bread Mixture and then then add the Topping and pat the topping gently until even. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning take out of the fridge and let the dish warm up ½ hour before putting into the oven. NOTE: A cold dish could break if taken directly from cold to hot.
- Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream laced with maple syrup or Peach Schnapps.