Did you know that the Martin Goodman Trail is a 56-kilometre (35 mile) multi-use path along Toronto’s waterfront and it’s located right outside our door? That’s right. You have lots of options to discover Toronto’s impressive waterfront and enjoy a day outside. Here are a few options where you can go:
- Bike east along the trail to the Distillery District where you can explore the many shops and restaurants in the historic distillery neighborhood or stop at the St. Lawrence market to pick up a picnic lunch.
- For more of a workout continue the trails that lead along the lovely wooded path of the Don Valley Parkway.
- Discover the quaint neighborhood known as the Beach where you can walk along the boardwalk, play volleyball or stop for a drink on the patio.
- Go west along the waterfront to Ontario Place for a movie at the world’s first permanent IMAX theater or continue along the western beaches to the famous Humber Bay Arch Bridge. There are lots of places along the way to stop for a picnic lunch or a swim at the public pool.
- Or you can take our bikes on the water-taxi $10 each to Toronto Island. Enjoy a romantic picnic lunch, swim and discover the most spectacular views of Toronto’s impressive skyline on this car-free island.
Whatever option you choose you be sure to bring your camera.
Price: $20 per bike plus HST per day – 2019 special only $15 per day
Includes: Reservations recommended. Bike helmet, water, locks, helmets and bike maps* Picnic lunch is not included but make be requested with 24-hour advance notice.
*Based on availability. Rentals applicable to overnight guests only